How does Mapilio Contribute to OpenStreetMap?

Hi, all.

Does anybody know how OpenStreetMap benefits from Mapilio imagery?

The homepage https://mapilio.com/ mentions OpenStreetMap twice, but I couldn’t see any detail about how OSM benefits from contributors uploading imagery. Can anyone confirm?

Many thanks,

Chris | chris_debian

2 Likes

Also, the background map in the iOS app uses OpenStreetMap data without attribution.
I’ve just send an email to the main mapilio address about this.

Thanks, habi.

Hopefully you’ll get a reply, I found that queries weren’t always addressed that way, so had to ask in the forum or Discord.

Chris | chris_debian

Do you have a link to their Discord (as I neither get answers here nor via email)?

Try this link, I’ll try something else, if it doesn’t work for you.

Sleep now

Cheers,

Chris

Does not work for me.

Habi, this is the one from the Mapilio home page:

Thanks,

Chris

Thanks.
Google showed me that there’s something, but Mapilio | Contact With Mapilio doesn’t show anything Discord-related…

It’s a drop down from the top of the home page

This is an invitation from the channel:

Cheers,

Chris

My adblocker get’s rid of this, that’s why I haven’t seen it.

Good point, I’d have had that problem on my desktop.

Dear Chris

We understand that there may be some confusion regarding the use of our images in OSM, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We are currently working on updating our website to provide more clarity on how we work with OSM and how our images can be used with JOSM and OpenStreetMap editor. Our aim is to provide our users with the information they need to confidently use our images in OSM, while also ensuring compliance with licensing requirements.

Please note that we are still in beta and there are many things that we need to develop to fully support OSM usage. We are constantly improving our platform and working towards providing the necessary information and tools to our users.

Regarding the proper announcement with a waiver for OSM usage, we will make sure to include this information on our website once the updates are complete.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work towards improving our platform and providing the necessary information for our users.

2 Likes

We wanted to inform you about a recent issue we had with receiving emails being flagged as junk. We understand that this may have caused some inconvenience and frustration for those trying to reach us through email.

We are pleased to announce that we have addressed this issue by changing and improving our mail server. This change will help ensure that all emails are received and that our communication channels remain open.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work towards providing the best possible service to our customers.

Best regards,

Thank you.

If you can make this clear for myself and others, I would be content to copy my imagery from Kartaview, so long as a tool was available to move then directly from the old site, to Mapilio. This has been done before, as mentioned elsewhere.

Thanks,

Chris (UK)

As soon as the tool is ready, we will notify you. Meanwhile, we welcome all contributions.

1 Like