[REQUEST] Data export

Will Mapilio provide a way to export user data? This means all uploaded images by the user too.

Art. 20 GDPR Right to data portability

1. The data subject shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, where:
  2. the processing is based on consent pursuant to point (a) of Article 6(1) or point (a) of Article 9(2) or on a contract pursuant to point (b) of Article 6(1); and
  3. the processing is carried out by automated means.
  4. In exercising his or her right to data portability pursuant to paragraph 1, the data subject shall have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible.
  5. 1The exercise of the right referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article shall be without prejudice to Article 17. 2That right shall not apply to processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
  6. The right referred to in paragraph 1 shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
1 Like

Hello Retiolus,

Regarding your inquiry about exporting user data from Mapilio, including all uploaded images by the user, I can confirm that the necessary data has been sent to you via email. Please check your inbox for further details.

Best regards.

As you disclose the status of private and internal user requests, I would like to do the same:

After 5 mails, the only thing I received is a data.json (FeatureCollection) which contains the information about the images I uploaded, but not the images. Mapilio would like me to set up a program myself to download all the images? " Your data is available in the attached json file and you can access your image through the following link: https://cdn.mapilio.com/im/uploaded_hash/filename/2080, using the upload hash and filename." (These images are converted to .webp and no longer have the original tags.)

Piece of json:

{
    "type": "Feature",
    "geometry": {
      "type": "Point",
      "coordinates": [4.XXX, 49.XXX]
    },
    "properties": {
      "heading": 28.417297363281,
      "resolution": "2560x1440",
      "device_make": "XXX",
      "device_model": "XXX",
      "altitude": 139.5,
      "fov": 70.5,
      "filename": "no0lx1681397980.jpeg",
      "uploaded_hash": "53616c7465645f5fff5ad8c741c649bee6cd350fd834404f7e3347a04fdfc5f15142a2db090e3407662ddf0b99eb9f11",
      "created_at": "2023-04-13T15:11:36",
      "created_by_id": 463
    }
  }

In the last email, they offer to give me a ZIP with all the images, which I have been asking for since the beginning.

Also, a privateExport.json file with data like IP = null.

And again after these 5 mails the answer is the same: “As per your request, we can provide you with a copy of the data we hold about your account. Please let us know which specific information you would like to receive, and we will be happy to provide it to you.”

My response:

The problem, which I have been telling you since my first email, is that I should not “specify the data I want”. You must, de facto, give me all the data you have about me.

So, to clearly answer the question “which specific information you would like to receive”: everything.

“we can create a zip file and send you a copy of the images”: this would be great.

I made a script to download all the images uploaded on Mapilio: retiolus/mapilio_downloader - mapilio_downloader - Codeberg.org

I will update the repo to explain how to find the user ID and use the script.

It would be much easier if Mapilio provided a way to do this and to be able to download the images with the original tags, if they are kept.

1 Like